ASNT NDT Level-II Course & Examination
The ASNT NDT Level II certification program has developed to provide standardized Level II written examinations that participants may use to satisfy the general and specific examination guidelines of SNT-TC-1A, paragraphs 8.3 and 8.4 respectively.
Course Assessment Examinations
The training will be followed by examination to ensure that the trainees have acquired adequate knowledge in the specific NDT method and skill in test operations. As per ASNT recommended practice SNT-TC-1A, the candidates for Level I, II certification programs should appear for the following examinations separately for each NDT method after completing the training course.
- 1. General: Covers the basic principles, theory, applications of the specific NDT method.
- 2. Specific: Tests ability to read, interpret and apply specific procedure, code, specification for the method
- 3. Practical: Hands-on demonstration of the ability to operate test equipment, perform specific calibrations and tests in order to find and report flaws of sample materials according to appropriate specifications or procedures and instructions.
- 4. The examinations are administered by an NDT Level III examiner. The candidate qualification result in a passing composite grade of at least 80 percent with no individual examination having a pass grade of less than 70 percent.
Successful candidates will be awarded the certificates in the method certified within 10-15 working days after evaluating the examination results.
1. Sirajul Islam
ASNT NDT Level-3 in UT, RT, MT, PT
EN ISO 9712 NDT Level-3 in UT, MT, PT,
AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
PCN NDT Level-2 in UT (3.1, 3.2, 3.8 & 3.9), MT & PT
Radiation Safety Officer (RSO)
Radiation Control Officer (BEARA)
* Course instructors are may not be same in every courses and IITS reserve right to change any time without notification.
Those failing to attain the required grades should wait at least thirty (30) days or receive suitable additional training as determined by the NDT Level III examiner before re-examination. Nominal examination fee has to be paid for appearing for re-examination.